Setup Email (ver 2.7.4 or lower)
To setup email in Probill, go to the main screen and select Setup > Program from the drop down menu at the top. Once this window opens select the Email Setup tab. Basic Email allows you to send single documents to individual customers while Advanced Email allows you to send mass emails such as your recurring bills or letters to selected customers. Whether you would like to setup Basic or Advanced, we recommend you start with basic to make sure your settings are correct before setting up Advanced.
To setup Basic Email:
- Enter your email address in the From Address and Reply To Address fields
- If you are using an email account that was not provided to you by your internet service provider (such as Gmail or Yahoo) then you will also need to enter your user name and password. If you are using an email account set up by your internet service provider, we recommend that you leave the username and password fields blank unless you cannot get a test email to go through.
- Click here to find your SMTP Settings and enter these into the appropriate fields.
- Select Send Test Email
If your test email through successfully then select ok and save your settings, your email is now set up. If it doesn’t go through or your provider is not on the provided list please give us a call at 1-800-409-4997 and we can walk you through the process.
To setup Advanced Email:
- Setup Basic Email and successfully send a test email
- Select Setup Advanced Email – your information from the Basic Email Setup should be stored here
- On your keyboard hold down Ctrl and tap S
- A small arrow will appear next to the User Name field
- Click the arrow – it will make your username and password backwards
- Click Send Test Email
If your test email is successful then your email is setup properly, select ok and make sure to save this information.
**Please Note: Although Probill has the capability of mass emailing hundreds of documents or bills directly, we have found that many common service providers like AOL, Time Warner, and AT&T will block multiple emails as spam. This can be disastrous if you are emailing important informational pieces or bills directly out of the software. To remedy this we have built our own mail server that you may use to email from Probill. With our Advanced Email Server you can be assured that these important messages will not be blocked and will reach your customers in a timely manner. Our Advanced Email Server lets you send an unlimited number of emails to your clients for a fixed fee of $5.00 a month.
Start Your Free Trial Today. It's Fast And Easy!
Fully functional and good for 45 days!
Get In Touch Today
For all questions and inquiries, feel free to get in contact with our friendly team today.