Adding Online Bill Pay to Your Website Using USAePay
To begin taking online payments through your website- please read through this entire guide first, then call our technical support team to generate you a source key.
- After obtaining source key, from the main screen of Probill select Online > Credit Card Terminal > Settings > Source Keys to log into the gateway. Next to the newly generated source key named “online” select the edit option.
- Change the settings/title/colors of your payment form under the Payment Form Template.
- After reviewing, copy the link under Payment Form Link.
- In the HTML code of your website, where you would like the bill pay option to appear enter this code:
<input type=”hidden” name=”UMkey” value=”[key]”>
<input type=”hidden” name=”UMcommand” value=”sale”>
<input type=”text” name=”UMamount” value=”Enter Amount”>
<input type=”hidden” name=”UMinvoice” value=”[invoice]”>
<input type=”hidden” name=”UMhash” value=”[hash]”>
<input type=”submit” value=”Continue to Payment Form”>
On your website this code will appear to your customer as:
The customer can enter the amount they wish to be charged and then select “Continue to Payment” to fill in the rest of the billing information.
If you wish to add other fields to this example form you can do this by making simple changes to the HTML code. For example: if you wish to add an invoice number field to this simple form you would make these changes.
|<input type=”text” name=”UMinvoice” value=”Enter Invoice Number”>|
Changing the input type from “hidden” to “text” allows the field “UMinvoice” to be visible. Getting rid of the brackets in the value field allows this area to have the text that you would like your customer to see. In this example we used “Enter Invoice Number” to your customer this code will now appear as:
You can do this to any of the fields in the code above but you cannot get rid of any of these fields as they are necessary for the form to work. For a list of all of the available fields, what they do, and other features you can implement click here.
- **If a customer pays their bill online using USAePay this payment will not show up directly in Probill**
Start Your Free Trial Today. It's Fast And Easy!
Fully functional and good for 45 days!
Get In Touch Today
For all questions and inquiries, get in touch with our friendly team today.